Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slav321

Prtogram in Memory Card

5 posts in this topic

Hi I have Modicon TSX P57203,program is stored in memory card,....for some reason we need to remove the memory card,but we need the machine running....what are my options? Is it possible to upload the program from the memory card and download it to CPU directly? Thanks

To download all program and data only into PLC ram you need to upload all in your PC, take off the SRAM, download the project into PLC. The problem could be: the PLC ram hasn't space enough!! Check in PL7PRO memory consumption (or something similar in the menu). Unfortunately your machine shall be stopped. could you tell what reason?

Hi The reason is we have 2 identical machines Memory Card from one of them disappeared.....:). let me please ask you a few questions: 1.Any PL7 software can connect to this CPU? 2.Are there alternatives to this quite expensive software,i mean we just need to upload/download program and eventualy monitor it,so it's not worth to pay ~$2000 for that,but if no alternatives we will buy it. 3.I'm not familiar with PL7,to upload from MC and download to CPU should i know some hidden things,or it's just straightforward ---->upload from,download to....? Thanks. Appreciate Your help.

"hidden things" no. Depend on how you want to connect: via TER port or Ethernet (if any). That's why you need to use different driver. By default you can connect via serial port (TER) configuring XWAY driver. Or you could connect through ethernet module by configuring XIP driver. The way how to upload and download instead is very very easy.

Hi aggattapauer I have a few questions to you: If i go PLC menu there i've got 3 options 1.Transfer program 2.Transfer Data 3.Back up..... To upload program from MC will it be enough just to choose Backup (will it upload both program & data?), or i should use options 1 & 2? Thanks Appreciate your help.