Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jayman

C1000H PLC goes in and out of run mode

7 posts in this topic

Good Day I hope some one will be able to help me or give me advice of this. I have a project that uses a C1000H CPU with 5 extension racks(all with I/O card). while running the process the CPU will go out of run mode and then back into run mode( all in about 1 second). I then go on line and there is no log of a fault. I have been told by the maintenance team at the plant the that CPU does go out of run mode if the LK201 Host Link interface module is connected to the CPU and the process is running. Is there perhaps something to do with the DIP switch's on the interface? as setting maybe?. I am also wondering if it may be an electrical problem? a combination of inputs bring the system down? I highly doubt it but I have never come across a PLC that goes out of run mode and no error. I have not got extensive experience with Ormon and defiantly not with the C1000H. I notice it does not have a key switch on the PLC to select the mode is should be in. I know there are PLC that have the option of using inputs to put the PLC into run mode or stop mode. could this be the case aswell? I would really appreciate the help! thank you very much Jarrad

Are the other lights going off on the main rack as well? It sounds like a bad power supply. Here is a link to the manual: C Series Host Link Manual The RUN/STOP selector on the LK201 is for a power up option only. This is likely not your issue. The MONITOR/NORMAL selector, if set to MONITOR, would allow writes to the PLC including a command to change modes. I doubt the connected PC is doing this unless the original programmer had some reason to do so for the process.

I apologize for the typo, the PLC is a Omron C1000H

Topic title amended.

You said the PLC has five I/O racks. Are any of these racks remote? Loss of communications with remote racks momentarily will cause a CPU Waiting which results in your condition.

@PdL, thank you for updating the topic!. @Jay Anthony. they are remote in the sense that they use that centronics plugs. but they are in the same room. cables are no longer then a meter. I also thought that maybe the case! but that would come up with an error? I have asked for the main rack CPU and power supply to be replaced. but I would like to know what is causing this fault. its a problem to the process as all DM values get zeroed. and any latch bits reset! thank you thus for all the advice Jarrad

In cx programmer you have an error log, in the workspace window when you're online with the PLC Maybe then you can find the cause