Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul-RT

What type of groundplate needed?

11 posts in this topic

Hello. My first post on this forum. (moderator elsewhere) Today i become a Siemens PLC CPU315-2 DP 6es7-315-2af03-0ab0 Including a battery, flashcard and little key. But it doesn't have a ground plate to connect I/O cards. Look-a-like picture: What types of ground plate and cards do i need to start to play with this PLC? Which pc-adapter do i need? Is there any cross-reference list? I can't find all information on the Siemens website till now. I want to try a self-study. I do have a software cd-rom Siemens Step 7. Thanx for help to get me started. Edited by Paul-RT

When you buy IO cards (300 series) they come with linking parts that fit in the back of the card and the back of the CPU. Look at the back of the CPU and you will see the connector. The 300 series clamps onto special rail that you buy from Siemens. For PC adaptor I use a USB to MPI/Profibus adaptor. Edited by Groo

website for Siemens manuals Siemens Manuals Manual on USB adaptor USB Adaptor

Thanx sparky. Some manuals i did allready found, but not this link. The adapter, could be the one in the attachement? Edited by Paul-RT

That's a fake third party cable, you can even see they mis-spelled Siemens. How mice of them to put Siemens part number on it. I bet Siemens would love to see a picture and information on the supplier. But appears to me to be the correct type.

Oh my ! I didn't see that! Lol I'll go on searching.

I seen a thread on another forum highlighting the Chinese producing cheap copies of Siemens equipm,ent, including CPU's. That is indeed a Chinese version, steer well clear would nbe my advice, buy the Siemens one.

Done that. I'll go on searching..... Thanx for info so far. What's this forum all about? I'm i at the right place for any PLC issue? Even if i want to self-study? I did found this forum surfing the internet, using ixquick.com as search machine.

Is this one of the modules i do need? Input / Output module: SM323 323-1BL0-0AA0 Is this adapter more like it? Edited by Paul-RT

Topic kick.....

Topic solved. Got the right modules and the right MPI adapter. Even a RS232 to USB adapter. Working as i speak. Thanx for all the info :)