Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waterboy

15 pin cable

7 posts in this topic

I need to extend the 15 pin connector on the front of several 5/20E's because the ethernet adaptor is in the way of the memory slot. I can use a standard cable but I would like to use the proper AB attachment clip style if they aren't too proud of it. Anyone know if such a cable exists? Or what those ends with the clips are called? This cable only has to be a foot long.

Not sure about the cable you want but aren't the clips you want called "sliding clips" see link below http://parts.digikey.ca/1/1/713215-conn-d-sub-latch-slide-15pos-5745583-1.html

That sure looks like it. Thanks

Update. I found it called an AUI cable (which makes sense considering thats what it is for) but a vendor wants $100 each cable. I'll keep looking.

I'm not sure if there is something special about AB's cable but see link below for links to AUI cables http://www.google.com/search?q=aui+cable+pinout&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

The PLC-5E and 1785-ENET sidecars have a totally ordinary AUI port; there's nothing special about it and you can use any AUI extension you can find. They're uncommon in modern equipment, though, so you're either going to pay a lot or find a surplus one.

Now that I have seen that AUI cables include that slider I had a little trouble finding them under 6 foot long but I did at PIMFG.com for about $9.00