Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bearsgone

ML1400 Analog Conversion

13 posts in this topic

Hello I have ML1400 with 1762-IF4 expansion card. How do I go about taking an analog input 4-20ma on expansion card and converting that to 0 - 10 V analog output on the PLC itself. PLC only has two AIs and they can not do 4-20ma only voltage. I presume there is some kind of conversion possible 4-20ma to 0 -10V? Thank you for your help

Which base unit do you have? The analog unit has 2 analog outputs that are 0-10 volt ( 0-4095 raw data) outputs. Or the 1762-OF4 can be configured for voltage 0-10 volts output.

a precision (1%) 250 Ohm resistor accross the input terminals will give you 2-10 V for 4-20ma. You can then scale that range in the ML1400.

V=IR 10Volts = 20ma times 500 ohms so a 500 ohm resistor will give you 2 - 10 volts Edited by newpageboba

I was trying to take scaled value from 4-20ma analog card input, divide that by 163.83 which I think is 1% of 0-16383 range and multiple that by .1 which is 1% of 0-10V range. Assign that value to AI output 0 on the plc itself. Example attached but it does not assign anything to output Please see rung 5,6 and 7 Thanks AI Output.pdf

The base unit's analog output is 0-10volts with 12 bits resolution ( 0-4095 raw data). So just take your analog input scaled for 0-16383 ( 4 to 20ma) and rescale it for the analog output. See pictures below

Mickey, I get an Error: Operand sizes do not match

Post your .RSS file and someone may spot something. Also tell us the complete catalog number of your processor. Edited by Mickey

Looks like MicroLogix can not handle on the fly AI 4-20ma to AO 0-10v SCP scaling. It did work AI into Float, SCP AI float range AO range Analog output Thank you for your help

Post the code that you think is not working. Just curious. And the code that is working. Edited by Mickey

Mickey, I have attached working version PDF and non working version. the only difference is that I used float instead of straight Input. Unless I am missing something? working.pdf

Eliminate the decimal point in the input min, input max and the scaled min and scaled max. See my post (#6) above. Edited by Mickey