Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Greg

Wago PLC

8 posts in this topic

Hi to all, I would like to hear your opinion about this product called WAGO PLC. for which systems can it be used for? any info would be great, from those who used this kind of PLC and those who doesnt. Thank in advance, Best Regards, Greg.

Hello, I used two a few years ago. One for an ink tank system and the other for a hydraulic system. Both worked OK. Be sure to purchase an end plate. Good luck, Mark http://www.peakhmi.com/

Thank you for info. does it flexible to work with various kind of communication protocols? ease to programmer to use? it's prices, compared with micro PLC's? Best Regards, Greg.

Hello, > does it flexible to work with various kind of communication protocols? I do not recall. I only used it with MODBUS. >ease to programmer to use? It was OK. I only used FB. >it's prices, compared with micro PLC's? Yeah it was comparable. We needed remote I/O and it fit the bill at a good price point. Good luck, Mark http://www.peakhmi.com/

A good all purpose little PLC, good bang for buck Uses CodeSys for programming - all 6 IEC languages, nice simple programming enviroment - I use ST & CFC. Has a good range of interface modules. My favorite is the 750-871 ethernet with builtin 2 port switch.

Sounds good for me :) Thanks for all Best Regards, Greg.

You may also want to look at Beckhoff for a comparison. The hardware is very similar, some of it even interchangeable. They both use the same base programming software. I think Beckhoff offers more flexibility.

did anybody check Beckhoff with WagoLink ?