Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
d0ubleth1nk

GE 90-30 Questions

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm designing an I&C upgrade that effects an exisiting 90-30 network. My questions are: 1. Can you use PME 6.0 to communicate to a CPU 364? If not, what software should be used? 2. To communicate between two CPU 364's are EGD's used? (like between Rx3i's) If not, how do two CPU 364's share data? 3. If a 90-30 chassis has an "RTU Master" module, polling Modbus slave devices over RS-485 network, what changes are required to add another device, ie. another RS-485 drop? Is it just some programming changes to add more logic to poll a new Modbus device address and Modbus tag addresses, or is it a change to something like an EGD (but a serial version?) ? Basically is it logic changes or configuration changes? Thanks.

1. Can you use PME 6.0 to communicate to a CPU 364? If not, what software should be used? PME 6.0 is compatible with a CPU364 2. To communicate between two CPU 364's are EGD's used? (like between Rx3i's) If not, how do two CPU 364's share data? I just created a new PME folder with a CPU364 in the hardware configuration. I added a produced EGD exchange. The target validated successfully. 3. If a 90-30 chassis has an "RTU Master" module, polling Modbus slave devices over RS-485 network, what changes are required to add another device, ie. another RS-485 drop? Is it just some programming changes to add more logic to poll a new Modbus device address and Modbus tag addresses, or is it a change to something like an EGD (but a serial version?) ? Basically is it logic changes or configuration changes? Logic changes to add polling of the new Modbus device address.

Keep in mind that the IC693CPU364 is obsolete and unavailable, the IC693CPU374 or IC693CPU372 can be used in its place for any new applications or for replacement. The differences are slight and subtle, most applications see none at all.