Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmbowles78

Error when writing comments to Q01U...

4 posts in this topic

I'm receiving the error in the attached screenshot when trying to write some comments to a Q01U CPU. The error only recently occurred as I added a few new comments. According to the Actual Project Memory diagnostic, I should have more room to add comments. I've tried to "Arrange PLC Memory" with no improvement. Is there another setting I should change to increase my comment range? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

How many steps of write during run buffer are allocated to each program? Default is 500, which means there are 500 blank steps added to each program.

Thanks for the response. I've lowered the Write During Run buffer from 500 to 250 for most of the programs, and down to 0 for a few of the smaller ones that won't be changed.

As some additional information, I was able to write the comments to the Standard ROM without issue, which further leads me to believe that a lack of Program Memory may have been the issue. I just wanted to get a better understanding of how comments were handled when written to Program Memory, and if there were any size restrictions for comments that I wasn't aware of (other than the total Program Memory limit for a Q01U CPU, which is 60K).