Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sadlerej

cpu upgrade

7 posts in this topic

All, I have just upgraded from a 331 to a 363 and the program no longer functions as normal meaning the jogging of the machine was controlled by a timer to bump it into position now that timer has no effect. When the machine loads it loads to a degree on an encoder then stops the program then bumps the motor contactor to slowly bring the machine to another degree. what is happening now is that when it bumps it runns outside of the window of the load and faults out. The adjustable timer basically allows for control of the accuracy of the load. I know that sounds funny but that is the short explanation. When I converted the program 4 errors popped up all were due to mcr's ( i made these mcrn's) and the end mcr's. I do not program much in GE and am not sure if there is a compare program like is AB. Does anyone know of any issues with the conversion between these two processors? Thanks for your help Ed

For one thing, your scan time will be faster on the CPU363 than on the CPU331, but its hard to picture scan time as contributing to what you describe. Another possibility could be that there might have been some data values in registers that were loaded by the original programmer instead of being initialized by ladder logic. If that was the case, unless the values were saved and downloaded to the CPU363, they are now zero.

If you would like someone to look at your logic, backup your project and post it here or PM me for an email address to send it to.

Thanks for the help here are the two files I think problem starts at rung 206 thanks Ed tnb363.zip tnb331.ZIP

Your CPU363 program has three more rungs (598) than the CPU331 version (595). The first discrepancy starts at rung 186, which is right after an ENDMCRN statement. The CPU363 version has a blank rung at that location. There are four ENDMCRN instructions and three of them have a blank rung immediately following. I suggest you remove the blank rungs from the CPU363 version. If that doesn't help, try changing the MCR/ENDMCR instructions in the CPU331 version to MCRN/ENDMCRN instructions in the CPU331 version before converting to CPU363.

changed mcr's to mcrn's in 331 program and converted same problem. any other ideas? Put old processor back and program works fine that tells me machine function is ok. thanks

UPDATE...Changed the processor scan mode to constant sweep and set the sweep timer to 25 ms. Problem solved