Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sttchui

A TO Q SERIES PLC UPGRADING & TOUCH SCREEN

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I going to upgrade the A Series PLC to Q series PLC but the touch screen will remain the same Can anyone help me to convert the A series to Q series PLC? A series Q Series Q3ACPU Q02HCpu(OR I NEED TO UPGRADE THIS Q12HCPU) A61P Q61P A38B Q38B A68B Q68B AX41 QX41 AY41 QY41 AX81 QX81 AY81P Q81P AY23 QY22(2 PIECE FOR EACH AY23) AC06B QC06B AJ71QBR11 QJ71BR11 AJ72QBR15 QJ72BR15 (IF IS POSSIBLE TO CONNECT Q SERIES PLC AS REMOTE MASTER TO REMOTE SLAVE OF A-SERIES???) TOUCH SCREEN A970GOT-TBA-B CABLE A9GT-BUSS A8GT-EXCNB A7GT-CNB AC06B REPLACEMENT CONVERT TO Q SERIES (ARE THIS DIRECT CONNECTION FROM THE BASE TO PLC? DO I NEED TO CHANGE ANYCONFIGURATION IN SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE??) A9GT-QCNB A9GT-QBUSS CAN I CONNECT KEYENCE TOUCH SCREEN VT-7SB TO Q02HCPU PORT? ANYONE HAVE THE WIRING CONECTION TO THE COM. PORT? THANK YOU!

Check out this brochure If you're not going to reuse the old A series modules I would use a QnUDE CPU depending on the program size. It has integrated ethernet and are cheaper than the standard series. In the Melsecnet10 network you can combine A series CPU's and Q series CPU's but you will have to program the network as melsecnet 10 not Melsecnet/H!!! I don't think you can use the remote I/O option though. Why not change the A970 to a GT12 series and connect via ethernet. 00 AQ Brochure v3.pdf Edited by Gambit

You will have a hard time finding the modules to convert the A900GOT to Q bus, as they have been out of production for around 5 years. Replace the screen. You cannot connect A Series as remote I/O to a Q Series. If they were PLCs, then you could network them. But you cannot do the remote I/O system between the two products.