Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
santiago

Citect - Omron E5CN comunication

2 posts in this topic

Hi , anyone have any experience comunicating from Citect with the OMRON E5CN + E53-CNH03N2 Temperature Controller + comunication module? I have tried several variations of the Modbus drivers from Citect without any succes, since Citect doesn't have a CompoWay/F driver. Tried also RTU and ASCII modes not sucesfully. I do the comunications via RS232C - OMRON K3SC-10 conerter to RS 485 , it works OK when I use the program"Simply Modbus" to test the comunication , but havent succeeded with Citect , so the problem must be on the Citect settings or on using the correct driver. Also tried several driver settings at the "citect.ini" ,but not really working I get some communications but not really OK. I'll apreciate some help from someone with experience on this.

Hi Santiago, If its standalone client, try to choose in Communication>Express wizard>4 time "Next">Schneider Electric>OPC Factory Server>OPC after that, Communication>I/O Devices>Protocol>MODNET30 i made this configuration to my project, using Modbus-TCP/IP all works well. Good Luck, Best Regards, Greg.