Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sd00

How can I set the PLC Clock from ladder? (PLC3-10)

5 posts in this topic

As per title... How can I set the PLC Clock from ladder? (PLC3-10), I've searched the forum & read the manual but it I can't seem to find the info necessary to set the PLC clock from ladder - is it even possible? Thanks in advance, Steve.

From someone that still has 5 - PLC3/10s & 1 - PLC3, all with hot backup. S1:0 Year S1:1 Month S1:2 Day S1:3 Hour S1:4 Minute S1:5 Second

Hi newpageboba, thanks for taking the time to reply, i'm pretty sure you cant simply write to these registers! Could you explain how to set these via ladder please? What function (example ladder would be great) Cheers, Steve.

My AB inexperience shows here & the manual was as clear as mud but I think I've sussed it, Use the MVS (Move Status) function and write to the extended addresses (instead of Status file S1)... E0.0.0.14 YYYY E0.0.0.15 MM E0.0.0.16 DD E0.0.0.17 hh E0.0.0.18 mm E0.0.0.19 ss Steve.

S1:0 Year S1:1 Month S1:2 Day S1:3 Hour S1:4 Minute S1:5 Second We use the S1:5/0 & 1 bit all the time for a 2 second and a 4 second flasher. Also use it to space out messaging. I have never written to these locations, but I don't see why you couldn't. (Careful, I don't know what would happen if you wrote an invalid value, like 100 to S1:5)