Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JasonE

SRVO-021 on RJ3 extended axis

3 posts in this topic

Hello All, Please help. Have 2 RJ3ib connected to 2 R-2000ia's. I'm attempting to get the extended axes working. Servo amplifier module A068-6114-H207. These originally ran something else, and did work at one time. I have setup group 2 through a controlled start as axis 7, type 27 (no robot), 3000i alpha 8, amplifier 2. After clearing the pulse alarms of initial connection, and shift-reset, I recieve a SRVO-021 SRDY off Group 2 axis 1. If I remove the axis via controlled start the problem goes away, and the system is alarm free. And the bot is free to move. If I take the same motor to the other controller, (totally seperate with its own add on servo amp) and add group 2 axis 1 the same way, I get the same error. Watching the axis control card on a shift reset, the rdy light comes on for about 1 sec., and I can measure 300VDC at the top of the servo amp for this 1 sec. The servo amp display just shows a "-". Then it drops out and gives the error. I have confirmed wiring: COP10A main axis to COP10B extended axis CSX2A main axis to CXA2B extended axis JX5 has jumper 4->11 I have attempted what I can out of the RJ3ib manual, short of replacing parts as suggested because I have the other controller. Which leads me to: Could the motor be the problem? Short or something? Am I setting up the axis wrong? Could there be an external signal just shutting down group 2? Local Stop module? Where to look for it? I can post pictures of setup/panel if desired. Any help or thoughts greatly appreciated.

Sorry just came back to the boards. The main thing that comes to mind is, you need to make sure you have an 8 axis card for your main CPU. I ran into the same problem adding a 7th axis turntable to a couple of s-430iw robots. An easy way to check this is to call Fanuc support and give them the robot F# and they can pull it up and let you know what your cpu card is. If you have to change the axis card make sure you save the robot image to a compact flash card.

Hello guys. I have a similar problem, I have recently install a new RJ2 CPU and install Handlingtool V420, after that when a power up the controller TP shows a SRVO 075 failure on each axis (my robot is a M410 IWX 4 axis) and quickly change to SRVO 021 failure on each axis too. Then, i have been looking for a Emergency signal (E Stop - Fence - TP Emergency stop - Cabinet Switch) that could be the problem cause, but i didnt found it, i have allready jumped all of the Emergency inputs, but the Servo Drivers just are NOT READY. Trying to identify the problem I press the contactors manually (those that feed the Servo Drive Power Unit), and the driver goes to READY and I move the robot to Master..... and Calibra....but when I release de DM switch in the TeachPendant the problem appears again. Some Idea to solve the problem? The Robot has no program in memory, its there any parameter or value that I have to change to make the interface goes up and feed the Servo Controllers while the CPU have no Programs (starting?) Thanks.