Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LeDude

FX3U and DC Motor

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a simple 24V DC motor, which I want to control with a FX3U32. The drive gets the power from the PLC. What I want to do: the motor is supposed to drive to 5 positions. To determine those positions, there are 3 mechanical switches which get activated through a wheel which is attached to the DC motor. Via a GOT1000 I want to manually drive the motor to each single position, which is determined by the actuated position-switches. How would you program this? The switches are hooked up to X10, X11 and X12 and get actuated correctly. But my issue is, that I want to drive the motor clockwise and counter-clockwise. How can I realize that? Thanks for your help

I think you'll have to use 4 outputs, where you have 2 outputs for clockwise (+24V to the "left" and 0V to the "right") and 2 outputs for counterclockwise (0V to the "left" and +24V to the "right")..... That's the only way I can think of, but maybe someone knows a better way....!!??

See figure

Thanks guys, but I have a few issues hooking it up to the PLC. Where do I connect the motor? Lets say Y10-Y13, but how do I program this? First time I am working with a motor and PLC, thus those stupid questions ;)