Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Firetubes

Micro CP1L and Mitsubishi FR-E740 VFD Wiring

3 posts in this topic

Can someone check what I'm doing here is correct. This is my first time with a Mitsubishi drive and Omron PLC so I am trying to get use with all the notations from the manual. I'm trying to wire the VFD running status off a Mitsubishi FR-E740-120-NA VFD to the DC input of the Omron Micro PLC CP1L-L14DR-D. It appears I have to hook up the VFD RUN terminal to one of the PLC input terminal and the VFD SE terminal to the PLC COM terminal. The control panel 24VDC power supply common is also hook up to the PLC COM terminal. Is this correct? Also I want to wire up the VFD Alarm dry contact so the panel 24VDC goes to VFD B terminal and VFD A terminal goes to the PLC input? Thank you for the help.

The RUN and FU outputs on the E700 drive are both open collector with the common on SE. The CP1L has only a single common for all 8 outputs. They can be configured as all Sinking [Connecting +24VDC to COM] or all Sourcing [Connect 0V to COM]. You will need to use Sinking configuration to monitor the E700 Outputs. Connect 0V to SE on Drive and +24VDC to COM on PLC. Connect RUN to the desired PLC input terminal. Rather than using the Relay dry contacts A,B,C you might consider using the FU terminal wired to another PLC input. The function of the FU terminal can be reconfigured by changing parameter PR191 in the drive. If you still want to use the dry contact then also connect 0V to C on the drive. Then connect either A or B to a PLC input [depending on which state you are monitoring]

Thanks for the explanation, Bytes. I have other inputs to consider so I guess I'll just use the drive relay output ABC and reprogram it for running status.