Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waterboy

Why does this timer run?

8 posts in this topic

Please look at the attached Logic and someone tell me why this Timer keeps running. The inputs are true, one by a Force and another by the LEQ statement on the second rung. So I figure it it must be a logic race so I moved it to the botton of the ladder and it made no difference. Monitoring O:0/1 and I:0/15 using a 50ms trend sample rate shows no transitions so I see no evidence of a race. Edited by waterboy

With O:0/1 true and forcing I:0/15 off the XIO ( Examine if Open) instruction the rung will be true causing the timer to run. Force I:0/15 on, then rung will be false and the timer will not run. See link below for a XIC/XIO examination http://www.patchn.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=58&Itemid=74 Edited by Mickey

If the input stays true, it should only run once and then set the .DN .... right? It shouldn't start over again until the input transitions again.

It wasn't doing that, it would run constantly without the input changing state in a detectable way. The Force must interfere with the the logical state of the physical inputs.

Because every time T4:13 goes DN, B3:1/10 is SET (true) for one scan. In the second rung, the fact that B3:1/10 is SET causes P1_START to be RESET (false) for one scan, which starts the entire sequence over again.

Bill gets the brass ring for this one.

Doh! I see it now. Thanks Bill.