Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vanyo

NQ-Designer - Popup an alarm

8 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm newbie in creating HMI programs. The question: How can I popup a message (error) window if a special event occours in the PLC program? (E.g. the engine monitored by the plc getting hot). I've created a popup window, but don't know how to make it appear according to the alarm. Thanks! Vanyo

Take a look at your System Word Memory. You will need to write the pop up screen number into (System Word Memory + 1 word). You can also control the pop screen position with (System Word Memory + 2) and (System Word Memory + 3) by writing the screen's X and Y positions respectively.

Hi IO_Rack - you're referring to an NS screen, not an NQ. In NQ Designer, there are two system tags - s20 is the popup trigger BIT S23 is the popup screen register. Hope this helps Pp

Hi Pp, I also reached this far, found the two bits. But I was unable to reach the HMI's memory area from the PLC program, from CX-Programmer. The PLC program rises an alarm, this appears on the NQ's alarms window, but I need to focus the user's attention to some kind of alerts. (e.g. engine hot, oil level low, etc, etc) Vanyo

Hi vanyo, you can do this by adding two global tasks . 1 that copies the PLC popupscreen Value to S0023 ( eg 65005) and the 2nd one should be copying the s0020 bit . This should be set in the PLC as a momentary button ( 1 sec high). else the user can not close the screen anymore. Another option: How about a wordlamp left to right over the screen? It can be hidden if the value of the register is not in range. You can add 16 messages per wordlamp ( each alarm bit , value 1,2,4,8,etc) 20 characters per message , even overlap of more than 1 button possible. regards, MPM

Is it possible to refer to PLC memory in a template screen direclty with NQ designer? With NT3 this didn't work, and you had to use global tasks to copy PLC memory to HMI memory that you could use to display data.

Thanks for the correction. Indeed I was referring to the NS. It may be time to get my eyes checked.

Hi, yes it is possible, button, lamps, assigned to PLC tags. If you are using NQ-designer V1.3 as I am you can see this. regards, MPM