Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grinbo

Replacing a TP170A HMI with a TP177A HMI

9 posts in this topic

Hi I would like some help with changing a TP170A touch screen that has some of the screen showing lines but still working, with a TP177A HMI both mono. I have never used Siemens software before. I have ordered WinCC software and the cable needed to copy the existing 170A HMI (recomended by Seimens) to the new 177A HMI. I would like to know if this is an easy process or if I may encounter problems. Any tips to help me before I try. Thank you Regards grinbo

I dont think you can copy the HMI software with Wincc Flexible. You will need prosave. Prosave will only let you save a copy for use in an identical HMI and you cannot use Wincc Flex to change it. You can only use Wincc Flex software if you have an "uncompiled" copy of the HMI program or if the original HMI programmer usd Wincc Flex with "download back" option?

Grinbo, Do you have the oiginal code for hmi? Regards, Behnam www.sigmaprocess.ca/blog

Hi This is the full story We have a machine that is still working, but the TP170A HMI has got lines across the screen making it hard to read. I would like to replace this HMI before we can no longer use it, and the machine will not work. After speaking to a local Siemens stockist, it appears this screen is no longer available and i would have to upgrade from the TP170A HMI to the TP177A HMI. Their "sales" guy told me that I cannot use Prosave as these are not identical screens and I would need WinCC to copy from the old HMI to the new. Have I been given the wrong information here? As I said I have never used any Siemens software before and this is the only Siemens machine we have. Thank you grinbo

Grinbo, Take a look at the attached file for migrating the file. TP170A and TP177 are identical based on the screen resolution and active screen area. You need the original hmi file, then you can ask anybody to download it to new HMI. Regards, Behnam www.sigmaprocess.ca/blog TP170A Migration.pdf

Behnam Thank you for your reply, I will look at your attachment. I was just going to update the topic by saying the software that has been ordered is SIMATIC WinCC flexible 2008 Compact Will I be able to get the original HMI file using this software? Thanks again grinbo

Grinbo, While transferring the file to HMI, there is an option called "Back Transfer" which allows you to upload the file from HMI. Programmers usually don't do that because it needs lots of memory on the HMI. You can try but i doubt you have any luck with that. You have to contact the machine manufacturer or whoever did the programming for the machine and get the original HMI code from them. Regards, Behnam www.sigmaprocess.ca/blog

Actually, I think there is a guarantee that you can NOT upload the full project from the TP170A panel. Not only must the original programmer download the program with the backtransfer option turned on, but there must be a flashcard in the panel for the storage. And I think that on a TP170A panel, there is no slot for an optional flash card. You are looking at getting the original Protool or WinCC Flex source program, or rewriting from scratch.

by the way. If you happen to have the original STEP7 program, then there is a pretty good chance that the Protool or WinCC Flex projects are stored together with the program files. Look in the TDOP folder for a .pdb file (Protool source), and look in the HMIES folder for a .hmi file (WinCC Flex source).