Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abright52

FactoryTalk View SE VB Code

3 posts in this topic

I have an application in FactoryTalk View SE and I am using an On-Screen Keyboard from MountFocus. The keyboard is launched and controlled via OLE and has three states or "pages": Minimized, Keyboard, Numpad. I am able to launch and control the keyboard on a single display without an issue, but when I switch displays I can no longer control the keyboard because each display is a different VB Project. I am trying to find a way to call a function in the first display from the code in the second display, but I haven't found a way to do that. Here is the code in my first display: 'Declare Keyboard Dim Keyboard 'Launch Minimized Keyboard Set Keyboard = CreateObject("Kbd.mfSoftkeys") Keyboard.LoadKeyboard ("C:\Keyboard.kbd") Keyboard.ActivePageName = "Min" 'Keyboard Control Public Function SelectKeyboard(Page as Integer) If Page = 0 Then Keyboard.ActivePageName = "Min" ElseIf Page = 1 Then Keyboard.ActivePageName = "Keyboard" ElseIf Page = 2 Then Keyboard.ActivePageName = "NumPad" EndIf End Function So I need to call the Function "SelectKeyboard" on Display One from Display Two. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Well, I am starting to have some success with this Rockwell KB Article: 23528 I am going to start with a fresh app and try to implement this......my previous app has so many previous attempts that it is pretty hard to follow. lol At least I can start the weekend with somewhat of a feeling of accomplishment. :) I will try to remember to post a follow-up next week.

abright52 : have u found the way, how to call the function???

I am facing similar kind of problem

Edited by sachincool786