Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justwhy2003

GX SImulator

7 posts in this topic

Hi Im trying to use GX simulator to test a program that Im hoping to bring to a Q02U PLC on site next week. My laptop died a few days ago and I have just had a complete re-install. Im using Gx Developer 8.89T and have installed GX Simulator 7 from the GX Developer CD. I can see the simulator program in my programs in my laptop control panel and the 'Start Ladder Logic Test' is available in Gx Dev where it wasnt before. When I select this however, the simulator seems to try and start and the following error is diaplsyed. 'The specified module does not exist. Check the connection destination specification and execute again <ES:01801007>' Do I need to install additional compoents perhaps from the CD or change a path to where the simulator is directed..? Justin

Try changing to a Q02H and see if it works. Perhaps your Simulator is too old for iQ. And what OS are you running it on?

Hmmm, changing to Q02H works, thanks. I had to agree to deleting quite a few devices and comments for the change to happen. I noticed they were all high address values but will this cause me hastle when reverting back to Q02U for uploading. Should I possibly test the control logic using a Q02H then add this logic to my original Q02U program for prgramming? Im running Windows XP pro Ver 2002 Justin Edited by justwhy2003

It seems now that I cannot make changes to my program unless i am in the Ladder Logic Test mode and Pressing F4 uploads the program to my emulated PLC. If I try to do this in normal write mode when the logic test has been stopped i get the following error: Unable to communicate with PLC. The following reasons may be responsible. Comms time out. Cable trouble. PLC power off or reset status USB trouble. Please restart. A communication error dialog is being displayed with other Melsoft products. Please close the error dialog <ES:01808502> I have tried shutting down GX Dev and reopening and also my laptop but this remains. How can I revert back to programming without the convert looking for a PLC?

When you are done online editing, always go to the Edit menu and select Write Mode. What has happened is your software is in the online monitor write mode. Go to the Tools menu, select Options, then in the upper right, move the selector to 'Don't Write to PLC'. If you simply stop monitoring, you are still in the online monitor write mode. The write mode in the edit menu is the offline edit mode, and it asks when you switch if you want to change that setting back.

Thanks, that works. What about changing the PLC type. Should I be able to just switch back to Q02U or will there have been some parameters missing when changing to Q02H? Is my best bet just to re write the rungs I was tetsting into my original Q02U program?

Open 2 copies of GX Works2 and copy and paste between. That's an option too. But you should be able to switch back and forth if you are not making major parameter changes.