Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carples

simotion PID control

1 post in this topic

Hello I have a web printing press that is a conglomeration of 3 different presses run my a simotion system. the con fig is as follows 1 tension unit servo driven 1 printing press line shaft from large servo drive 2 tension units servo driven 1 printing press line shaft from large servo. we added the 1st 2 sections this Xmas and have had tension stability issues between the 2nd 2 tension units, in the form of a repeating bounce/hammer in the web, we can see it on a dial indicator on a roller shaft. This problem was not present before the addition. After checking all rollers in the press for run out and changing a few, none more than 2 thou out the problem is still present. The 2 tension units are running as slaves to the last drive in line with a PID trim for tension control. The integrator has set the integral to 1000000, this seems wrong to me but he does not want to listen. So my question is, is this a reasonable value for this type of application. I can stop the bounce by setting the tension zones to wildly different values i.e. 12-24-12-32 (kg). I think the tension units are fighting each other creating the bounce. We have also had problems with the motor driving the first printing press making a large amount of noise, initaly we thought it was mechanical but can find no fault, the problem comes and goes suddenly and is not affected by speed (volume or sound frequency) happen from motor start to full speed. Inverter noise is also excesive on this motor can be heard above blowers and press on other side of room (6m away) Any idea as to the cause of this one. Hope this makes sense Thanks