Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Armadillo852

PowerFlex 40 Accel Time

6 posts in this topic

I have a powerflex 40 with a 22E-comm module on it. I would like to set different accel and decel rates based upon which direction the drive is commanded to go. Is this possible?

Yes this is possible. Refer to the Advanced Program Group, specifically Option 1 for A051 to A054, which will toggle between ACC/DEC 1 and 2 (page 3-14 of the PF40 User Manual). You want to have your two decel times programmed into P040 (Decel 1) and A068 (Decel 2), set A051, A052, A053 or A054 for Option 1 (ACC & DEC 2). Thus when that input (A051, A052, A053 or A054...whichever you used) is high, ACC2 & DEC2 is used; if that inputs is low, ACC1 & DEC1 is used. Remember to duplicate your accel times even though the decel times change (both ACC and DEC 1 or 2 are used). I think the input will have to be hardwired, but I seem to remember there is a way to map that input to an input from the Ethernet/IP bus from your PLC.

Armadillo852, Yes it is possible to use different accel and decel time. What you can do is, A) If you only need two ramps. 1) Set your other accel/decel time 2. Parameter A067/A068. 2) Set A051 (Digital In# Sel) as options1 which is acc & Dec 2. This way when you enable or trigger digital In#, the drive will automatically switch to accel/decel2 ramp. Other method is to write to the drive parameters in your program. Look at this link http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24406/related/1/kw/20-comm%20E/r_id/113025 Hope this help. PowerFlex70.ACD PowerFlex70 on Ethernet.doc

ok, It was easy to do in the PLC as we are already sending speed to the drive via ethernet. Just had to set the proper outputs. Works just like I wanted. Thanks for the replies guys. Edited by Armadillo852

Ok, guess it didn't work. It changed the accell and decel times for all drives. Might be the way we do our ethernet comms. Take a look and see what you think. Drive.ACD

I seem to recall that in some of the drives, it is possible to set up 4 profiles and calll them by number over Ethernet. My docs are in another building right now. Sorry I can't be more specific. Bob A.