Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lonegator

PID Block Assistance In RSLogix 500

3 posts in this topic

I have a customer who needs conveyor speed to adjust based on TPH. In other words, they are going to key in a number (let's say 100 TPH) on the HMI screen based on what they want to produce. The conveyor speed will adjust accordingly to produce this amount, based on what the weigh belt is reading. I'm assuming a PID block will take care of this for me, but I've never used one before. Can someone point me in the right direction? I will have the HMI entered TPH, the actual reading from the weigh belt, and an input to adjust the conveyor speed to work with. If you need more information, let me know. Thanks for any assistance provided!!

It would help the PID gurus if you could tell the forum what processor you have. Also what analog cards ( input/output) you may have. Tell us the inputs/outputs connected to the processor ( voltage/current ranges) and what they represent in engineering units. And for my own curiosity what does "TPH" mean? Edited by Mickey

TPH = TONS PER HOUR I will get the information you requested this evening. Thank you for the reply.