Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marcos Netto

CX-DRIVE

8 posts in this topic

Olá amigos, I'm really sorry to bother you again, but I'm having some problems and I could't find the solution. I have a 3g3jx that I'm trying to access from the Cx-Drive. The 3g3JX has a RS-422 port. I'm using a ICP con 7520-a (http://www.icsdatacom.com/pdfs/ICP7520_ds.pdf) to convert rs-422 to rs-232. And I'm using a usb db9 converter as well because my laptop only have usb port. But I had no success. Does Anyone have any experience with this? I looked everywhere and found nothing. Best wishes from Brasil.

I checked the manual and now I see that it is the same port that runs RS485 and the operator panel. Switch S7 determines which protocol the port is set to. Have you set it to OPE? RS-485 Communication/Operator Selector (S7) See attached.

But the manual says that I could connect the inverter through a usb-rs422 converter CX-Drive.bmp

sorry for that, this is a new model to me. I will have to take a look at that..

I think the problem is with the ICP con 7520-a (http://www.icsdataco.../ICP7520_ds.pdf). The person who gave to me said it was working. But i always have problems with communication in general. :(

First, have you double checked the cable from converter to VFD? I would take a straight through T-568B patch cable and cut one end off., to elimitate a RJ45 connector crimp problem. Then the connection at converter side should be as follows: ORANGE on TX+WHITE/GREEN on TX -WHITE/BLUE on RX+GREEN on RX-WHITE/BROWN on GND Following, I asume you have the RS converter on your USB/RS converter with a straight through 1:1 cable, or ideally use a gender changer. Next, your USB/RS converter creates a virtual com port on your laptop, have you set the correct port and settings in CX-Drive?

Yes, I did everything you said Pdl but it didn't work. :( But thanks anyway, i'm gonna buy the 3g3ax cable rs485 to usb.