Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sharkie

How to use a variable for timer?

3 posts in this topic

I'm new to the AD world and am stumped trying to set and use a variable for a timer. Basically want to timer to read TMR T0 Vxxx. Where I'm lost is how do I set the Vxxx? I have about 20 timers that use the same settings and wold like to change one Vxxx instead of adjusting every timer when needed. Thanks! Dan

In your timer box where you are currently typing 'Kxxx' for the preset you would put a V memory address such as V2000. Make sure that this address is only used for this purpose. Now open a data view and type in V2000. You would use this same V memory address for every timer that you want to have the same value. Click the yellow E button with the red circle and slash in the upper left of the data view window to enable edits. Now you should have a column titled edits on the right of the V2000 you typed in. Enter your value in this column next to V2000 and press the middle of the three buttons at the top right of the data view. Please note that you can use other V memory addresses than V2000. The full list of available addresses is available in the PLC -> Memory map menu item. Also you can find the list of available memory in Chapter 3 (or 4 depending on the PLC model) of the User manual. Edited by rlp122

Rip that works. I didn't think about setting the Vxxx in data view, I was searching for an instruction to set it. Thanks for the help