Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
callelundin

FileXXX in Cicode, lagging?

4 posts in this topic

Heya folks! Im logging some integers using "Dev" commands and im puting them in a temporary file. This works great! But then im trying to use "File" to copy, move, rename and delete the file. This is not working very good! Im using this code: !Here i copy the file to another location! FileCopy ("C:\Swegon\db\RapportT1kWh.dbf", "C:\Swegon\db\Lager_T1\kWh\RapportT1kWh.dbf",0); !Here i make a new name for the file to current date! FilePath=FileMakePath("",PathToStr("C:\Swegon\db\Lager_T1\kWh\"),SystemDatum,"dbf"); !Here i rename it to current date! FileRename("C:\Swegon\db\Lager_T1\kWh\RapportT1kWh.dbf",FilePath); !Here i delete the old file! FileDelete("C:\Swegon\db\RapportT1kWh.dbf"); All thoose 4 command i do with 1 trigger signal. And sometimes it works great and othertimes its takes two or three tryes. Is it becuse im doing the "file" command to fast? should i do one command and then wait a minut and then do the next? Do anybody have a similar problem? This im doing on 10 diffrent loggfiles, and its pretty good but it aint perfect! help? tip? :)

I would be tempted to put a Sleep(1) in between each command to give it some time to do the copy etc. and see if that makes it any better

Be a bit careful with sleep - do not make it very long - do not know about the latest version but I made a mistake years ago and put in the wrong number - Citect almost stoped whiule sleep was on. I put in 100 seconds isntead of 1 second - took a while to find the problem.