Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dococ

New Cx-One won't install on 64bit Laptop

7 posts in this topic

Been running 3.2 version for awhile. Got new V4 and tried to install on my 64bit laptop and after selecting English, it pops up and says " Can not install on a 64 bit OS" Is there a work-around for this or a method I am not aware of to install? Thanks

What os is running on the laptop?

Sorry guess I should have included more info. Using Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit i did find info on Omron site stating that it will not work on 64 bit OS. Still seems strange that previous version works OK except no USB drivers have to use USB to serial adapter for 64bit

I have installed it on my desktop running Windows 7 Proffessional. It installed OK but did bring up an error message saying that 64 bit drivers were required. That does not bother me as I do not connect to PLCs from my desktop. Home Premium is a bit of a dead duck for mine and I would never use it. Have you tried installing it inside the XP Mode box at all? If you have the Omron USB/Serial converter you can obtain 64 bit drivers for it at www.ftdichip.com

XP mode is not avalible for home premium. Install virtual PC 2007. (use compatbillty mode on install) Put XP 32 bit on it and it may work.

Looks like 64 bit OS is now supported: Which Operating Systems Does CX-One Support? CX-One 4.0 Registered customers can download the ISO for 4.1 from the European Software Download centre. Bertie.

OK I contacted my guy at Omron USA tech support, he over-nighted me the new ver 4.1 on a DVD. According to Omron, it aas to be installed on Win 7 Pro or higher. So while I was contemplating upgrading my Home Premium to Pro, I said " What the heck, I'll try it anyway". Dropped the disk in and away it went, completely installed all of CX-One and 64bit drivers. After install I checked on several PLC's and NS units. Programmer, Designer, and Integrator all worked OK, CJ1's, CJ2's, C200's, & NSJ's, NS's. Now happy, I installed on 5 new 64bit laptops and all work as they should. Now if I could get the Device net for Safety Controllers in a 64bit version. I talked to Omron/STI rep last week, he has informed me that it is in progress, but no release date set yet. Just a little inconveinence having to use a 32bit laptop when working on the NE1A's. Edited by dococ