Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indra

SOFTWARE AB FOR MICROLOGIX

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I have ALLEN BRADLEY PLC type CPU MICROLOGIX 1000 and MICROLOGIX 1200. Please help me to get the SOFTWARE AB for communication these PLC, I already have the cable communication and I want to buy the SOFTWARE . Please inform me the TYPE SOFTWARE and the P/N for ordering. Regards, INDRA

You may use a free version of the software at this LINK, but only for Micrologix1000 and 1100... The software I may suggest to program the entire Micrologix family is RSLogix Micro (see HERE). Hope this helps, - fuzzy logic

Hi Sparky, Thank you for your fast reply. From your sugesstion , there are two type RSLOGIX MICRO STARTER and DEVELOP EDITION, please help me to choose one for communication between my notebook and thes CPU ML1200, I need only,EDIT program and UPLOAD=DOWNLOAD. What about micrologix 500, is also possible, please inform me and choose one type ( I need the P/N for ordering also ) that enogh for this CPU can communication ONLINE with my noetbook, for example RSLOGIX 500 9324-RL0300ENE ( this type is enough ? ). This type use licence ? indra

Hi, the Micro Starter could be enough for you... anyway, see HERE for a version comparison. RSLogix 500 is more expensive, but is more complete, as it can also be used to program SLC-500 family of controllers... see HERE for Ordering Infos, the Starter version should be enough for you... see HERE for version comparison... Hope this helps, - fuzzy logic Edited by fuzzy logic

Good links but make sure you check out the software compatibility of Rockwell software. Insure that your notebook OS compatible, along with the OS. I have had clients of mine buy a lot of very expensive software and then relies the software will not run on there system, i.e. window vista and windows 7. Read all the specs before buying. If you are starting to do plc programming with allen bradley, and expect to do more then buy rslogix 500. it will give you the ability to not only program micrologix, but the whole slc family of PLC's. Edited by Steve G

Hi, just for info, my notebook still use WINDOWS XP indra