Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nibroc

CJ1M-xxx-EIP

8 posts in this topic

Quick question: Can I fit an ethernet adaptor to the option port on the CJ1M-xxx-EIP CPU? The hardware manual shows the fitting of RS232 or RS422 type ports, but not the ethernet version. Thanks in advance. Nibroc.

Answer - no you can't add an ethernet port, serial ports only. (found by an esteemed colleage). Nibroc. Edited by Nibroc

You can add an Ethernet card on the rack though.

Hi Bob, Hope all is well in the land of Oz. Plenty of Red's on the horizon? Yes, we are going to add an Ethernet unit to the 'rack' for our project. This will give us the two ethernet ports we require for our project. Thanks, Tim.

Ah! Got a great one recently Tim - a shiraz from the Grampian Mountains in Victoria - YUMMM!! Omron have exlcuded the CP1W Ethernet module from the CJ2M unfortuantely. EtherCat looks good for the future too.

Yes EtherCat looks good. We need more ethernet I/O options. Cheers. Tim.

I went to a seminar at Omron in Sydney recently and they have EtherCat on the way. It is designed for motion of course and is really fast. It appears they have it on the way for PLC peer to peer as well - pretty exciting to have an Ethernet soultion that is a ring with wire! Ring main with 2 ports per card so that segment breaks can be dtected and alarmed. Controller Link fibre optic can do that also of course but you need to use a CS1 for the priviledge. Saturday afternoon, doing design work for swimming pool control systems - just enjoying a KIWI Sauv Blanc at the moment. Bit too much passionfruit in it for me (dry old so and so) but it is not bad. Like spring here today - sun is shining and currently 22 degrees. Should be out in the shade houses with my orchids but too much work on. Good thinhg though, n eed the dough for my wife. She is just about to have both TMJs replkaced (jaw joints) with artificial ones - like hip replacements. Have to have $25k upfront for 2 operations - first one to cut out bone and prepare for the new joints is 9-10 hours and second to fit the joints is 6-7 hours. Have already forked out $8k to take out plates and get ready for the second operation.

Hi Bob, I have been to the Grampians - stayed overnight at Halls Gap - Lovely spot! Yes, Omron showed us Ethercat on a visit from Oz earlier this year - I have also seen it at the Hannover trade show (Beckhoff Stand etc). Looks good. It appears the Omron ethercat will initially be Motion Control, hopefully general purpose I/O and a general purpose master will be added to the range. At the moment, we are using third party Ethernet IP remote IO, and third party ethernet IP VSD's ! Although I think I may use profinet and smart slice on the next project. What about adding an Ethernet IP master to the smartslice range? We are spending this weekend nursing a 'sick' SCADA server PC, which sufferred multiple BSOD's earlier in the week and last weekend. It has been reloaded from scratch, and is running great, we hope. I am from Hawkes Bay - we grow great wine here! Think we should arrange a swap! (One day we should have a MrPLC get together) Hope the surgery is a success, I wish you both well from our team here in NZ. Unfortunately I too have some bad news in my family on the health front - not looking good. Tim. Edited by Nibroc