Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmorris

RSLinx and Windows 7

5 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me what version of RSLinx they were able to get working with the windows 7 -- 32 bit operating system? I'm using RSLogix 500 and I've tried RSLinx versions, 2.54 & 2.56 without and luck. I'm installing this on a new Dell laptop. jmorris@tennsco.net you can email me directly with answers thanks.

We are running RSLinx Classic Ver. 2.54 & Logix500 Ver. 8.10, which we have gotten to work on some Dell laptops running Windows 7. However, we have had considerable problems getting the serial driver to work reliably on all PCs. Even the same laptop model with the same OS configurations have been shown to vary. Many avenues have been pursued with no repeatable success, so at this point we are pushing our customers to upgrade to CompactLogix. If the cost cannot be justitied, then it is use an older OS laptop with Linx and Logix500. Longtime A-B users have seen this OS/A-B arm wrestling match before.

I'm using a Dell Latitude E5500 with Windows 7 I am running RSLinx Classic 2.56.00.13 CPR 9 SR 2, which works very well.

I remember way back before (or perhaps right after) RSLogix came out when Rockwell publicly announced some sort of agreement with Microsoft...I knew then that there would be an interminable number of bugs and technotes.

RSLogix 500 v8.30, RSLogix 5000 v16-18, RSLinx v2.56. For linx to be reliable under Windows 7, you need to run rslinxcp.exe in the RSLinx directory and uncheck "Always run as a Service" checkbox. Also, depending of your computer configuration you might have to drop UAC a notch or set RSlinx and the other Rockwell software to run as administrator.