Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hoose

XBTGT5330 and alarm sounds

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to get alarm outputs from this touch screen (Schneider Electric XBTGT5330) and it's just not happening. I have set the alarm variables to output a buzzer wav file (stock on inside Vijeo) but when I trigger the alarms I get nothing. I have the horn hooked up to the speaker port. I didn't set this job up, but I'm the one stuck out here trying to make it run and I don't have the touchscreen manual with me. It's a 24 volt horn. I checked for voltage on the other ports but never saw any there either when the alarm was going off. What am I missing? Frustrating that of all the problems I've overcome I'm stuck on a horn issue. The worst part is that I'm at an S.E. facility and can't get support!!! :( Thanks! Mike Edited by Hoose

I only did this once and a long time ago. If my memory serves me correctly the dio port doesnt have a source. you have to wire a supply into it. I think its a transistor out. we also struggled with it thinking it was a relay out. Let me know if you dont come right i will look for a wiring diagram

This should help you. Like i said you have to wire a supply in.

As you said it seems to be a line level output for a speaker not a horn. So I ordered a 120v horn and relay and just added the logic in the PLC rather then mess with the screen. I hate starting up other peoples jobs. :) Thanks for the reply though! Mike

Hi guys. What I'm about to ask is a stupid question really... But I don't really know how you guys manage to put images in these messages. Please release the secret. I'll thank you a million. Regards, best wishes and keep up the good work. Raj S. Iyer

I upload screenshots so its jpeg or bmp files. I think when you upload picture type files and its small enough it loads it automatically in the screen Dont do anything special