Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bowhunter2000

vb and ml 1500

5 posts in this topic

Hi to all I knoow this is the forum for A-B but because this si related to an ML1500 Ideside to ask mi question here I got some equipment that run on a ML1500 and PV 300 but also use a pc whit a screen on visual basic this equipmet is for leak test on some HAVC condesators,some of the pc break down and I was wondering if is posible to recover the visual basic apilcaton from oder runing god equipment and instaling in a new pc and how I can dow this,is any file that Ineed to recover form the runing pc and instaling in the new pc

bowhunter - It is quite obvious English is not your first language for please bear with while I try and restate your question. You have a Controls System which consisted of an ML1500, PV 300 and a Personal Computer. The Personal Computer runs Visual Basic and you want to copy from a similiar running PC to the new PC you bought. If this is correct thee are several things that must be know before we can answer how to move the VB to the new machine. 1. What is the PC Operating System and Windows is not specific enough an answer. 2. What is the Visual basic Version. 3. What is the Interface method between PC and PLC. And I am sure there are more. You'll probabl be money ahead to find a local System Integrator who can dp the move this time and train you as he does it. But keep adding more information here and you'll eventually work your way to answer also.

Hi BobLfoot: yes English is not mi first language so sorry for the spieling. the new PC is ruining on windows XP pro sp 2 in Spanish Visual Basic 6.0 interface is DF1 Full duplex(on port 1 on PLC)this is were the PC is conected via a serial cable thanks in advance for the help.

this may not be everything but you're going to need at least the following to make this work. With VB6 you'll need either the compiled exe if there is one or the entire project folder. Either way you'll need to ActiveX or OCX communication control that VB uses to connect to the pc registered with windows and with vb6. Get these and you should be able to make the new PC talk with the Old PLC. About the extent of my helpfullness.

Thanks BobLfoot as you suggest in the fisrt replay I contact a local integrator how is an expert in VB so he well help me whit the first PC and the rest I can do mi self I well keep posting to let you now thr results and thanks again for the help by the way I'm in Juarez Mexico acros the line whit el Paso Tx.