Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doppy

remote programming to Q01 plc

7 posts in this topic

Thanks but i didnt ask the right question. I have a ethernet switch through which I can excess or program a Q01 plc and 2 e1011 touch screens. I want to go back a couple of steps and be able to excess the same through by router by broadband, I had a couple of guys at it but they were beat Edited by doppy

I'm pretty sure you'll need an ethernet card in the Q-CPU (QJ71E71-100), and the terminal has a built-in ethernet port so you can connect to this without any extras...

You cannot connect to the terminal with remote access viewer and program anything. Remote Access Viewer is to see wht display of the terminal on your PC. And when connection to the screen is Ethernet, you cannot go through it to program the PLC.

If you want to program your PLC remotely, at first you need to establish connection (PSTN,ISDN,Internet,..) between your programming platform and your PLC. eg You could connect a serial modem with 232port of 1101, connect local and remote modem, and use transparent mode to program your PLC

http://www.tixi.com/index.php?id=391&L=1

You say you have a switch, then we have to belive you have a Ethernet card installed on the Q-system. It is not that hard to get a connection throug the internet via broadband. You will need a VPN-klient (If you want to minimice hacker intrance etc.) I use "TheGreenBow" VPN and it works fine and is ok cheap. For router I use Westermo. I have only used mobile connection via 3G. And westermo have some not cheap, but realy great 3G-routers type MRD310. There is also quick-guides to get started. Try look a this. Lots of example how to online remote http://www.beijer.dk/web/web_aut_dk.nsf/do...125759F0035E739 btw. If you have no ethernet card installed it is still posible to program/monitore the PLC with the function "Transparent mode" in the E1000 terminals. Best Regards Dariusch