Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maano

Unity Pro simulation

5 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me whether the simulator of unity pro is capable of simulating more than one PLC. If yes how can we bring two PLCs online

You can't simulate two PLCs using the same IP address, but you can use a Virtual Machine or two PCs running Unity (remembering that you can install unity pro for 21 days without an additional license). You can even connect to the simulator in a different PC using Ethernet Communication.

Thank You very much for your reply. I want to know if you have communicated two PLC simulators on two different PCs as in the help file of unity Pro it is mentioned that "The PLC simulator does not support communication to other PCs or PLC simulators, neither remote nor local"

Actually, i did't try to communicate two PLC's, but I have communicated the PLC simulator with the HMI simulator (Vijeo Designer) and Kepserver (OPC server) simultaneously.

It works locally, of a fashion. I have had Citect, the PLC and an HMI simulator all talking, you just need to change your SCADA and HMI programs to have 127.0.0.1 as the IP address as the simulator runs on localhost by default, what you wont be able to do is use IO scanning or other functions to read a modbus slave etc. as this requires communications which the simulator does not support.