Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vorbis

Communicating with CQM1 and CJ1M over Ethernet

5 posts in this topic

We have two CJ1M PLCs that have a ETN21 Module. I programmed a little VB application to monitor those PLCs via CX-Server. Now I need to find a way to get informations from two CQM1H-CPU51 and a CQM1-CPU45-V1 PLC into this application. Since there are no Ethernet Modules for those PLCs I wonder how to get information available via ethernet. Is it possible to connect a PC to the serial ports of the PLCs and then access the Memory of the PLC from another PC? Any other suggestions on how to get access to the Memory Areas of this mixed PLC set over ethernet to monitor and control them with only one PC?
1 person likes this

You could try linking the PLC's together via Serial comms, there is 'in-built' functions to do this. Then you would be able to utilise the same application you already have, just point at a different memory location.

vorbis, You can try Red Lion DSPLE protocol converter for CQM1 and CQM1H PLCs. It supports Host Link protocol on serial port and FINS protocol on Ethernet port. Hope this helps. SVN

@lostcontrol: Maybe I should have mentioned that the PLCs are in different buildings. @SVN: Never heard of that stuff. Will have a look. Thanks to the both of you so far.

A quite easy solution, so simple, it didn't even come to my mind in the first place would be a Com-Server. You connect it to The Com Port and to the ethernet, install a driver on your PC and then it appears as a virtual Com Port on your PC. Might be the cheapest and easiest solution. Here an example for such a device: http://www.wut.de/e-58641-ww-daus-000.php