Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
akirky

NQ-Designer Historical trend

13 posts in this topic

Hi, I am working with NQ-designer to configure a NQ3 HMI. I have been trying to set up the Historical trends but keep getting errors "Invalid limits for X axis". the help file is useless, and what little properties are availible for both the Data logger itself, and the Hist trend I have played with. I have noticed that the NQ3 has been freezing - I am guessing because of the X axis time errors???? I have the data logger set to "power up" on the logging mode. If anyone has any ideas, it will be much appreciated. thanks in advance. Alan

Hi, For historical trend you need to define in the settings 12 registers which hold the start and stop time of the view. the date/time need to be valid AND in the past. checked the help file on historical trend in NQ designer V1.2?? regards, MPM Edited by MPM

Hi MPM, Thanks for the reply. Using your advise, i have managed to get the dates to display on the X axis, but still having problems. :( I am only logging 4 values, which work fine when on a normal trend, but doesnt display any data on the Historical trend. And the NQ3 unit continues to freeze up after a few hours. Alan

you have added the logged tags to the datalogger. the rtc of the NQ has valid times and the data you want to have displayed (passed times) are available in the datalogger. Do you use the update historical trend bit? Are the values of the data logged within the specified ranges of the datalogger. I presume you are using the latest NQ designer V1.2 and have downloaded application AND firmware ( basic functionality and drivers) with V1.2. Firmware sghould always be downloaded when changing anything in the datalogger. regards, MPM

MPM, I am using V1.2, and have all dates and time are in the past and data is below the 1200 max range. I have removed the data logging and historical for now as i try locate the reason for it freezing at random. I have attached the memory status, but it seems that is not a problem. I just have to remove one thing at a time till i find the culprit. Alan. Memory.bmp

Hi Alan, I just found out that V1.3 is released with some more important bug fixes. For historical trend, can you send me the nqp file for your program, I can have a look. regards, MPM

Hi Alan, Received your programm. Very nice application. Furhter definition of Trend looks good. One thing I would not do is the update historical trend in the while showing task. This would every cycle in the NQ update the screen. I would suggest to add a delay which updates the screen ever so many seconds(second task in the while showing field. Or add an update screen button on page 16. Tomorrow I will have my hands on a NQ3 and can do some tests. regards, MPM

HI Alan, I think I found it. HR for starting time is DM0003 and NOT DM6003 as is expected. Still as per my message flashing screen due to the screen task , update historical trend, Would advise this to do per button on screen or add a delay in screen task. also increase of baudrate from 9600 to 115k2 good luck with your apps. regards, MPM

Hi MPM, Thanks for your help, really appreciated. I will play with it, using the screen task 'while open' as suggested, and get back to you. Alan

Hi MPM, I am starting to think my NQ3 has a fault of some kind. Even a small application with only 2 screens with 2 Data displays each is freezing up. My application has no chance! I have spent more time on this project than I have on entire PLC/SCADA systems, and getting frustrated to say the least. I am taking it back to Omron for testing. Alan.

Hi Alan, Which version of NQ designer are you using? V1.3 is very stable as per my experience. If you empty the terminal, firmware and application. the terminal is as new again. If you download an empty application and the firmware, after that power down / up. while powering up press low left corner. You will get in a menu where you can test each function of NQ. Can do a self diagnosis of the terminal. Your apps ran here on my NQ3 perfectly after I correctly the hour register to the correct addresses. If I can do more just let me know. regards, MPM

Hi MPM, I am using V1.3, and still have freezing. I tried all the self diagnosis on the terminal and it passes all. It seems it is related to reading Data Memories, as if i load an application without them, it is fine. It is back with Omron at the moment for further testing. Alan

Hi MPM, FYI, we found the freezing problem. The "Response Time Out" setting on Node settings was set to the default setting of 800ms, we set it to 3000ms and the fault has gone. All working fine now. Thanks. Alan.