Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest spicyfooty1

FANUC LR MATE 100i with RJ2 Controller

9 posts in this topic

sorry i'm relatively new to robotics and any form of help is very appreciated. KOMAG USA had donated a FANUC LR MATE 100i with RJ2 Controller to my institution and I was assigned to 'revive' the robot. Since the robot is quite outdated, considering 100i is no longer found on websites, I have problem troubleshooting it. Here's the condition of the robot: -controller working, with green LEDs lighting and no error LEDs -pendant showing screens, but with following alarms: -SRVO - 062 / BZAL BATTERY ZERO - BZAL external/E-stop - Hand broken All the motors in the robot are tested working. And I had also changed the two Alkaline batteries in the mechanical unit and 1 battery in the controller. I had done an 'initial start' to it and clear all the data. Then I did a 'controlled start' to it and changed some variables like payload. Now, I still can't get it to move. Assuming I have 'CLEAR' every data and programs that was initially installed to the controller, what can I do to load a 'clean' firmware/software to the robot so that I can manually configure it? If all above fails, can anybody advise whether it is possible to interface FANUC LR Mate 100i robot with a personal computer (PC) via RS232?? meaning I just dump the axis controller away and use computer to control/program it? please advise i in need of help here.. Thanks in advance. Edited by spicyfooty1

It sounds like you have a few problems. First of all, did you replace the batteries on the robot itself. Does the dead man switch on the hand held work? Possibly you have a limit switch fault or a software limit fault. Are there any outside sources such as light curtains, or a PLC which is not allowing the robot to move. I used to work for a German company which had 3 lrmate 100i's on 3 seperate manufacturing lines. Maybe this email reply is too late, you have probably already solved the issues. Drop me a line and let me know how it it doing. Best to you...................James

OK, first off, you have a couple of problems, first replace the batteries, secondly check the break away wrist to make sure all connections are there and good, thirdly, check your fault codes history, see what else is going on. Ensure that a Hard stop is not currently tripped. I own a company that specializes in robot repairs and integration where are you located? engineering@questindustrial.com

blast from the past?

I guess

Take a deep breath and relax. You came to the right place and you are still not out of luck. I just posted manual for RJ2 controller: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=534 It should be the only manual you need. Read it and you will find out how to recover from alarms. They are common and BZAL for example is what you get when batteries are dead or changed. If you run into trouble, post question

Here's the condition of the robot: -controller working, with green LEDs lighting and no error LEDs -pendant showing screens, but with following alarms: -SRVO - 062 / BZAL BATTERY ZERO - BZAL external/E-stop - Hand broken To get rid of the BZAL battery alarm, you need to reset the pulse coder alarm after you replace the batteries. This is found under the Mastering menu, it should be F3 (SPC Reset). The robot needs to be powered down and than back up. It sounds like whoever had the robot before you had a external E-STOP switch and didn't put the jumpers back in. On the door of the controller there is a Emergency stop control board, on that board there is a terminal strip. EMGIN1 needs to have a jumper to EMGINC and EMGIN2 needs to have a jumper to EMGINC as well. There is a jumper that also needs to be put in for the Hand Broken, I can't remember off the top of my head where it is at. I have to look it up at work to tell ya the exact location. Hope this helps ya out a little. Darryl

Hello Panic Mode, Thanx for this manual. i need one more help from you. i need the Specification and the cad drawing of FANUC LRMATE 100 Robot. if you have please attach that also in this forum. it will be very appritiated