Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDHammond

How to enable Overides?

20 posts in this topic

We have quite a bit of programs in our plant and most of our programs the Override icon on the program is available to use. The program I am working with today doesn't have that option available. I created this program from scratch so I don’t know if I left something out in the beginning. How do I enable this so I can force items in the PLC? Thanks

are you taking about the HMI icons or forcing bits in the DSL5 software?

Which CPU are you programming? Where do you see the 'override Icon' in your other programs?

in your DSL5 software there should be a direct link to their help page as well....

If you have seen overrides in a dataview then - a new datview will not have the overrides by default. Click on the datview. Go to 'View' - 'Options'. On the 'Dataview' tab check 'Override Bits' under 'Bit Display Settings'

Yes, it is DSL5 software. The Override is right beside the Pause bits on the upper left corner. I went under the Data view tab under bit display setting and I had it selected but when you click on the ON or OFF, what is the little icons that shows up? Edited by JDHammond

The icons which represent ON or OFF are changable in the same Options box. Click the buttons to the right of where 'Override Bits' is checked. There you can select the symbol you choose to represent 'ON' or 'OFF'

Im going to go try and see if that did it.

It still isn't highlighted for me to use? I have all of them selected, Pause, Override, and Status. The Pause and Status buttons are availible but not the Override button?

Ok, back to one of my first questions:

I think you are seeing this button on a toolbar. The buttons which are available on a toolbar are chnagable from 'View' - 'Toolbars'. The option may not be available on certain types of toolbars. It really only has meaning for an Online toolbar.

Yes, it is on a toolbar. I can see the override button on the toolbar but it is greyed out and I can not use it? I have moved the button to other places and still greyed out. I am online and have tried everything I could to use this function. All my other programs this button is not greyed out, but in color and I can override (force) items in the PLC. I am testing some new equipment and I am having to write everything to test stuff on here and the override fuction will help out alot!

Check the setting of the Run/Term/Off switch on the CPU. See if that affects it.

Make sure you have enabled both your status monitoring and Edit mode as well....

Are you using a DirectNet link or a K-Sequence link for your PLC connection? DirectNet does not allow overrides. K-Sequence does.

Yes, I am using DirectNet. All my others I am using ECOM with the Ethernet Cards. This one doesn't have a card so Im using a direct connection to the PLC. I have never setup one with K-Sequence? Is there anything special I need to run it on K-Sequence? Thanks

Yeah, thats the Override Editor i'm looking for.

Just go to the link you were using while connected and change the protocol to K Sequence.