Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sleepy Wombat

Have you seen on of these panel building aids/opinions

9 posts in this topic

pic1.zip Just curious if any of you fine fello's of this forum have come across one of these. see pic. If you could mount a small panel complete on it, it could be handy as well. I am interested in any opions and brands cheers

Looks like a sheet rock lift to me...maybe I can sell them as that

I remember using a homemade one of those back at a former employer. The tilting to horizontal feature is very handy on large panels! For small panels, I've used an artist easel with kindorf attached to the cross members but that didn't have (or need) the tilt function.

They can apprently handle a load of around 150kg, so a little stronger then the dry wall jacks, but interesting concept. considering the asking price is over $3k i think it is a bit rich to me.

I have built several over the years using extruded aliuminum. Usually can build one for a couple of hundred bucks. Most of the parts you need are bolt on. Take a look here for some of the parts you have to work with. http://modular.en.ec21.com/Connectors--3079212.html

Clay B, yeh we were looking to do the same, we use the aluminium extrusion quite a bit on jobs. how did yours turn out, any pics ? Jimtech, i believe they come from a German company, don;t know the manaufacurer

That thing would look like a wheel of cheddar after i'm done drilling all the holes for trunking and din rails etc

Sleepy, you must be charging too much! A couple of $59 aluminium tressles from Bunnings looks good to me. Still have to lift the panel in anyway. Most of mine these days have gear and wiring across 2 panels and I have to build them inside the boox anyway. Have been looking at wire retainers inside the duct actually and use cable ties in thge top of the duct to hold cables up as well. By the way, I drill holes for virtually nothing these days - self driler/tappers are really good. Also use slotted DIN rail of the 15mm high variety - the shallow stuff aint worth a squirt if you have to swing soft starters onto it. Trouble is it is hard to get at the right price. Edited by BobB