Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ayyub Ishaq

I/o scanning help in unity pro for plc inputs

4 posts in this topic

Dear friends i have premium plc and im using unity pro.I have connected STB island with plc .So in stb the digital input address is 45392. Inorder to read this address in plc we write 45392-40001=5391, so we write in "REad Slave Index" column 5391.This is ok with me. But how to read the digital inputs from another premium plc for example %i0.3.0 to %i0.3.9

You can't. You have to copy %I.... in %M or %MW then read them with I/O Scanning

can you give we an example. look if i want to read the inputs from a plc whose input starts from %i0.3.0 and ends with %i0.3.63(64 channels input module), then how can i do this.

I suppose you have cpu A and cpu B. cpu A must read direct input in cpu B. In the cpu B you have to copy all direct input to holding registers (the only allowed to be read by I/O scanning service) %MW0:4 := COPY_AREBOOL_ARINT (IN := %I0.3.0:64,P1 := 0,N := 64,P2 := 0); The result is that first 16 bits are copied in the first holding register %MW0; the second 16 bits copied in the second holding register %MW1 and so on P1 = first bit to be copied N = number of bits to be copied P2 = first holding register in which copy the first bit of the array In the cpu A just configure I/O Scanning in order to read %MW0 to %MW3 Bye