Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justwhy2003

Programming cable for Q series

7 posts in this topic

Hi Having only used FX series in the past, I am starting my 1st Q series job today. I have the following: Q02UCPU GOT GT1685M-STBD HMI GT01-C30R2-6P Cable connecting PLC to HMI. What is my best option for programming cable? If I use USB, is this just a standard USB cable that I can buy from most computer shops? Can the same cable be used to program the PLC and HMI (seperately) as they both have USB ports? If I purchase 1, will I be able to program the HMI and the PLC both through the one cable (HMI in transparent mode)? In Gx developer, what is the difference in PLC series:QCPU (Qmode) and QCPU (Amode)? Is it something to do with how they are programmed? If I have gotten used to programming FX series, is one of these options better suited? Thanks Justin

Yes the USB cable is a standard one for PLC and HMI. The HMI has a transparant mode so you can program PLC with the USB attached to the HMI

Why dont you pick the phone up and ask your Mitsi distributor, thats what they are there for and what you are paying for.

So everyone reading the forum gets the benefit too. Not all can just phone Mitsubishi :)

Thanks, managed to get my hands on a USB cable. What is the difference in QCPU (Qmode) and QCPU (Amode)? when selecting a PLC type in GX Developer? Justin

Never select A mode. It was a special Q processor that programmed as an A Series. Very very very few exist. If the Mode light comes on green when you power up the CPU, it's Q mode.

Thanks for the help, I'm up and running now.