Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CanaanP

FactoryTalk View Studio - Printing

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there is a way to print information history as you can print alarm history? I have setup the program to monitor a DINT in the plc program, and based on that value will determine messages to display. Could it be possible to print, say the last 100 items of the history? I know for printing alarm history there is a specific print object to use, but I can't find anything that seems like it's intended for information messages.

Hi, I was looking for the same thing earlier on this month. My local AB rep gave me a zip file. When this is un-zipped there is a .bat file that you put on to a memory stick. You then shutdown the application and plug in the mem stick. I am not sure if I am allowed post the zip file here. I suppose it is ok to PM it to you (maybe one of the Moderators can tell me if it is ok to post the zip file??). There is also pdf files in the zip files that explain the process. Also, with the .bat file make sure that you open it up and put in your PanelView application name. Conor PS. I have just downloaded the alarm file from the PanelView, and this can then be exported to a csv file. Edited by Conor

Thanks for the file, however this doesn't really seem to be what I want. I already have an alarm history that they can print. What I wanted was for the information messages to be printable as well. I think though that it is not possible. I think I will just end up putting these events into the alarm section so that they can be printed as well. I will just differentiate at the beginning of each message if it is a FAULT or INFO. Thanks though.

Hi CannanP, On Alarm History display,while in runtime what is that "print history" button's principle? Where it will print(or store) the alarm history? Is that it will in default path or the path i mentioned?