Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuttsNutts

Panelview Plus 1000

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a PV 1000 touchscreen unit running FTV ME edition. I want to put 2 simple pages on, each with a handful of trends. I have been given a 2GB flash card for storage and inserted this yesterday (with the unit powered off). The unit restated ok and all seems well. Question 1: If I set up a new Data Log Model, what should I put in the [Paths] tab so I can get it to store the data to this flash card. I have no idea what the card will appear as in the PV operating system - in other words, I have no idea what the path to this "drive" will be. Will it be something like "\Storage" or some other default name, or do I have to somehow go behind the scenes (how do I do this on a touchscreen?) and navigate to it and set up a folder? Question 2: How can I set up the trending/pens such that when I leave the screen, I can come back to it later on and scroll backwards and forwards? At present (and because I guess I'm not storing the trends) everytime I leave the screen and come back to it, the trends start all over again. I expect to set up 4 pens on 15 second sample times (I will set the Data Log accordingly) and have a 12 hour window for the trend, which I'd like to be able to navigate backwards and forwards through. There probably is an easy way to do this but it's not intuitive as far as I can tell. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately it has to redraw the trend every time you close/switch displays. It'll draw historical trend data if you have a datalog configured for the trend.

Thank you very much for the reply. I expect I will now be able to set up a datalog and configure a trend object to point to this such that every time I come back to the trends screen, the trends will still be showing and not starting all over again, yes?

No, the trend will start over, but it'll use the data in your datalog to backfill the trend.

Ah, yes. I can see how that would be the case. Thanks for the info