Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NicholasH

Timer Initial Value

13 posts in this topic

Is there a way to initialise the PV value of a timer before the timer starts? My attempts at this seem to result in the PV value being set correctly, but as soon as the timer starts counting, the PV resets to zero (using an incremental counter).

USE XFER or BSET.

He is talking about initialising the PV, not the SV.

Quote from Omron Instruction set: Timer numbers cannot be designated as D to change the PV of a timer or a counter. You can, however, easily change the PV of a timer or counter by using BSET.

Fair enough, but this is the same as using MOV, IMO anyway....

I think with MOV you can only set a constant value, with the method Jay suggests you can use a variable to set the timer PV.

Wonder what happened to poor NicholasH??

He probably isn't used to quick support

True, good support is hard to find.... http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Omron+PLC%27s & MrPLC comes up 4th....

The instruction set reference was from the CQM1 manual. In C series instruction sets, it was not possible to MOV to Timer PV, but BSET allowed TC to be in the possible list of destinations. I have since checked (with CX Simulator) the CS/CJ instruction set and you are correct. A MOV to timer PV is possible and does work. Touche.

I stand corrected, lostcontrol! I also was under the impression you could only change a PV on the fly using BSET, as I was used when I "grew up" with CQM/C200H series. Since then I rarely use this function to change a timers PV.

This has been a good discussion, I think the issue of setting a timers PV is one of those 'there are many ways to do the same thing'