Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Professor Guy

1769 L32E CompactLogix Ethernet Comm Problems

3 posts in this topic

Ok Guys, I know this gets asked alot but.... I cannot communicate to the PLC via ethernet. Here is what I got: 1769 L32E CompactLogix - Upgraded frimware to version 13 RsLinx version 2.54 I tested the ethernet, and I can connect to another PLC using it I can connect to the CompactLogix via RS232 using DF1 and I setup the ethernet with it I tried pinging the CompactLogix and can only get 1 out of 4 packets though most of the time RsLinx browses for it and can find it but then loses it. I'm not sure what to try next. Help

I assume you tried exiting and shutting down RsLinx. How about by-pass ether net switch using a cross over cable. Did you ping over a wireless network?It is my understanding certain packets are block for what reason. Just throwing out Ideas. I remember have a problem once with linx and the auto browse knocking out different processors. Try checking your ethernet port under control panel,system,hardware to verify no conflicts are in your PC. Then I would check Linx under driver configuration for any conflicts found there. Maybe even stop and restart the configured driver there. Good luck

I wouldn't even begin to look at RSLinx or the controller until you can get the Ethernet media to give you a 100% reliable PING response. Describe the logical and physical path between your computer and the controller, and what you've done to verify each element in that path. The embedded web page of the CompactLogix Ethernet interface can tell you about the link between the controller and its nearest switch; have you examined the media counters on that web page ?