Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Electromechanic

Trouble uploading program from Festo PLC to laptop

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I have to make a modification the program in a Festo PLC at my work. Now I've already worked in the past with AB, OMRON, Schneider PLCS in the past so I was guessing it would be similiar but it seems Festo makes it complicated for nothing from some reviews I've read about people having worked with Festo PLCs in the past. Now I've connected the serial cable and have the Festo PLC program on my laptop but when trying to just upload the program that is presently in the controller to my laptop, it gives me a message saying something like 'Controller does not store source file' or something similar. Does anybody know what's the problem when getting such a message? Thank you.

I don't know Festo, but with the IEC compliant software for most vendors, that would mean the source code is not stored in a format which can be uploaded. As an example, IEC programs are compiled before they are sent to the PLC, and without the uncompiled program (some vendors call this symbolic information or raw project data) there would be no way to get the original program structure back on an upload. Again, not sure if this is what you are seeing, as I've never seen a Festo PLC.

Hello. Maybe you are using FST Software for FEC PLC FESTO. WITH the error message "Controller does not store source file' YOU CANT (IS IMPOSSIBLE) to make the Up Load of the program from PLC. in this moldel of PLC FESTO When you make a Download Proyect to PLC you can Choose if y/n download the source file too. If you dont do this, is impossible make the Upload proyect later. CHECK: MENU VIEW / PROJECT TREE / CONTROLLER SETTINGS / DOWNLOAD / DOWNLOAD SOURCE FILES. if you dont have a copy of program ( in CD or write ). you are in troubles... So good luck. Att. Alexander Galindo A. PD: Any other question i can help you. i have a lot of experiece in FESTO PLCs.