Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Ked

E-Designer V7.5 Build 312

10 posts in this topic

Hi there My earlier post was reporting a problem with multiple symbols being greyed out. I removed E-Designer and re-installed it and now I have more problems than before: I still can't access multiple symbols I can't access any alarm groups or alarms I can't access time channels I can't access message library I can't access data logging Oh, and I can't get any help from Mitsi until Tuesday!!!! Anybody had any similar problems? Cheers Paul Ked

Vista, but everything was working perfectly until last week.

Installed any (ANY) software lately (before E-Designer stopped working)? Also; do you run E-Designer as Administrator?

I have installed Remote Access Viewer, but after my initial problem. Nothing else has changed. I am the Administrator on the PC. I'm completely baffled.

Update: Removed E-Designer. Downloaded and Installed the Demo Version of 7.52, ran it, created a new project with different PLC/HMI combination to my setup and still things not working. Is there something in the registry that we're not told about? I do not have a 'clean' PC to try this out on as I've always used E-Designer on every PC I have owned. Cheers Paul Ked

I'm not sure what the problem could be. Let us know what the problem was when you've talked to Mitsubishi or found a solution.....

I've realised what was happening with the Alarms etc. They won't open unless there is another window (eg Block 0) open and it is maximised. Very strange that I hadn't noticed that before anyone else have the same thing happen? So I am back to my original problem with Multiple Symbols until I get an answer from Mitsi/Beijers.

Had my reply from Beijers. I had been using extended desktop and E-Designer puts screen values into the registry. Clear out those values and you're back to default screen settings, everything back to normal.... Until I extend my desktop again , but I'll be ready for it Thanks for input Cheers Paul Ked