Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Ked

QJ71E71

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I'm starting a project which has one 'master' PLC with MES unit linking with an Access db. The 'master' then sends and receives data to and from the PLC's on the machines. The data is sent once every 20 mins but is constantly being received and logged in the Access db. Which type of communication would you recommend, ie Simultaneous, Open Pairing, Data Link etc? Cheers Paul Ked

Hello! Simultaneous broadcasting using UDP protocol on Q systems is working and performs very well! I don't know about the performance of other configurations. Hope the best for your system!

GX Developer or GX IEC Developer?

With Simultaneous Communication, can the data being sent to to two PLC's be different or does it have to be the same? eg I have two recipes stored in PLC 1 and one is sent to PLC 2 and the other to PLC 3. Likewise, Can PLC 2 send one set of logging data to PLC 1 and PLC 3 send another set of logging data to PLC 1 at the same time? Sorry to be an idiot, but I have never done this before. Many thanks Paul Ked

All depends on the program. Of course it's possible to share data with multiple PLCs, or to initiate commands to send the same data on more than one port.

Thanks for reply. In a situation such as this, which type of Communication would you use? Cheers Paul Ked