Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ron Macam

Micrologix 1500 Fault

9 posts in this topic

Hi, Newbie here. We have a filler machine running on micrologix 1500. Fault is flashing, the tech guy is out on vacation. I just want to inquire on how can i load or reload the program from our EEPROM to the CPU. Thanks

Try cycling the power. Turn power off, wait a minute, then turn it back on. Depending on a lot of things, this may clear the fault.

Doesn't work, yet im sure that the eeprom has a saved program in it. Do i have to change the selector from (Run, Rem & Prog) ?

No. The processor has to be told to load from the memory module by setting status bits. See picture below. Do you have the software RSLogix500 and RSLinx, to go online with the processor? And see what the fault is. Edited by Mickey

Yes we have those software, but right now its with our techguy who is on vacation. So on the status bits on the memory module, which status bits should i set to 1?

That depends, see PDF's below. You decide. StatusForMemoryModule.pdf StatusForMemoryModule_1.pdf

And if you don't have it here is a link the ML1500's instruction set. The above info is in it. http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...rm001_-en-p.pdf

Thanks all. We'll see what we can do without our techguy with all his cables and softwares :(

See link below for help with that if you need it. http://www.mrplc.com/kb/index.php?article=65