Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sleepy Wombat

ASCII data over Ethernet

7 posts in this topic

Using a CJ1WETN11/21 OR CS1 equivalent... Has any one sent/recieved plain old ASCII stings over ethernet to another device using Socket Services or CMND instruction ? Any examples / views appreciated.. Thanks in advance Matt

The project I've done is: -Data from a CPM2C DM to an excel file using DDE (via CX-Server, with a live PC) The project I've seen is: -ASCII data sent from a CPM2C to a serial scrolling message board. (I don't think I have the documentation for this one, but I can upload if you wish.)

Thanks for the response Rebuke... If it were only that simple.... I've done this many times, As said it is based directly on ethernet, i cannot use an RS232 to ethernet converter either...I have investigated a bit further and it appears possible but involoves using the Socket Services inbuilt in the Omron Ethernet units. Thanks again though Rebuke

Did you ever get this to work? Have any sample code? Am working with a customer trying to talk to some servo drives, and the documentation in the book makes no sense. TIA

hmmm I have never heard of that. however you could get an rs232 to ehternet converter and go that way perhaps. you should be able to do it however I am not sure that it is in the programming (cX or others) capability as you still cannot run raw code. oh you may want to lookinto the text email function and the memory card stuff there may be something you can use there.... just an idea. Edited by KinK

Never heard of what? From what I have read about the socket servces, you have to open a port and point the to a data area where the data will be sent/received. Page 132 of manual W343-E1-05 has an example, but it saies to do a TCP Passive Open, then do a TCP close, then a TCP Send then a TCP Receive. Is this the correct sequence? The drives are Yaskawa drive with built in ethernet. You can connect to them using hyper-terminal and issue commands that sets them up or makes them operate.

Ya I probably never read page 132 of the manual W343-E1-05 that I why I stated that I had never heard of it. and as I have obviously never done it before I figured I would try and help out by giving some "off the top of my head" ideas as to possible solutions. I guess I was wrong again good catch there tstevic Edited by KinK